- How to select ZelFlex frame?
- Why should I use ZelFlex Z4P with adapter?
- What is the difference between square and rectangular frames?
- My printer has adjustable rails. How should I select my frame?
- What is advantage of pneumatic frame against mechanical (spring loaded)?
- Do wee need an constant air connection within the printer for ZelFlex frame?
- What is autonomy of ZelFlex frame?
- Can I put ZelFlex frame together with stencil into a washing system?
- Which are advantages of pneumatic frames against meshed or glued frames?
- Which are common terms for reusable stencil frames?
First of all, you need to know clamping possibilities of your printer, its maximum required print area and squeegee width. Important data is also required print stroke, usually you need to calculate some additional space for squeegee to stop and turn back. According to this data, we can define minimum inner area of the frame. Upon this we add 100mm and get outer dimensions. Upon this outer dimension we search for nearest available size of ZelFlex frame. As long these dimensions are smaller than your printer capability for clamping frame, you can always select solution with adapters.
Smaller stencils are usually cheaper and easier to maintain. As long as your printing area is smaller than supported full size from your printer, this is more convenient and cheaper for you.
Using square frames, you always have possibility to rotate the template for 90 degrees to hopefully optimize your printing results.
When you are using modern printer which can record printer size and adjust rails automatically you can select frame which fits best to your application. In case, that rails are manually adjustable you should take care about other frames you might use. If your customers provide you 29"x 29" frames then select also ZelFlex frames with adapters to same dimension. This will shorten your changeover time.
There are several advantages. Most important are:
- Repeatable tension also after years,
- Stretching force can be adjusted for thinner stencils,
- Air pressure is equal all around the frame, therefore also stretching force is uniform.
No. Air supply is disconnected once stencil is tensioned.
ZelFlex Z4P, ZelFlex Z4P slim and ZelFlex Protect frames can be used for at least 24h without supplying the air. ZelFlex QR only needs slight tightening every month.
No, stencils need to be washed separately. Special washing frame is available, when your washing system does not provide you with a solution for frameless stencils.
The exception is ZelFlex Protect, where stencil can be washed together with the sub-frame.
Each stencil at glued frames requires own frame and is mounted at a different angle to the frame. The mesh relaxes and the tension changes. The frame takes up a lot of storage space, old frames are epoxy and must be recycled.
The ZelFlex frame guarantees uniform tension all the time of use, stencils can be changed fast. Only one frame needs to be used for multiple projects, less storage space is needed and no recycling is required.
There are several terms which are used by producers. Most common ones are:
- Pneumatic stretching frame
- Stencil mounting system
- Self tensioning frame
- Stencil frame system
- Self mounting system
- Tension system
- Quick clamping system for stencils
- Quick change frame
- Foil tensioning system
- Telaio autotensionante
- Telai serigrafici
- Reusable stencil frame
- Frame for Bare Shim Stencils
- High Tension frame
- Stencils stretch frame
- Rapid tensioning frame